Free & Reduced Meals


Children need healthy meals to learn. Lebanon Community Schools offers healthy meals every school day, including free breakfast to all students (see other meal prices).

Your child(ren) may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals. Reduced price for lunch is $0.00.

  • Breakfast and Lunch is FREE for all students at all schools for the 2022-2023 school year

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No. Use one Free and Reduced-Price School Meals application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to your child’s school.

Who can get free meals?

Children in households getting Food Stamps or TANF and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Annual Income Eligibility Guidelines.

Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals?

Please call the school, homeless liaison, or migrant coordinator to see if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not been informed that they will get free meals.

Who can get reduced price meals?

Your children can get low-cost meals if your household income is within the reduced-price limits on the Federal Income Chart.

Should I fill out an application if I got a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced-price meals?

Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Call Nutrition Services at 541-259-8902 if you have questions.

I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application.

Will the information I give be checked?

Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps, TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced-price meals.

What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?

You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or write to: Bo Yates at 541-259-8911 or 485 South Fifth Street, Lebanon, Oregon 97355.

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced-price meals.

Who should I include as members of my household?

You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives or friends, etc.) You must include yourself and all children who live with you.

What if my income is not always the same?

List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1,000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.

We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income?

If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

Additional Benefits to Students, Families and Schools

Many of the student curriculum programs offered to Lebanon Community Schools are funded based on the number of households eligible for meal benefits. The more approved applications we have the more money the district and your local school receive for educating each student. It’s that simple!

A student who is eligible for free or reduced-price lunch is eligible for a reduction in the athletic fees for sports. For students participating in sports, families are encouraged to retain a copy of your application approval letter and give it to the athletic department at your middle or high school.

If you have other questions or need additional help please call 541-259-8902.