History

History of Lebanon Schools

In 2002, researchers began compiling the histories of Lebanon area schools just as some of schools were closing their doors. Their accounts includes memoirs of former students; illustrations of now-demolished buildings; and rare photos of pupils, teachers and schools, such as the former High School (which later became the Lebanon Middle School) pictured above.


HISTORIC LEBANON SCHOOLS
Berlin – 1909 to 1952 Mt. Hope – 1855 to 1952
Cascades Elementary School – 1950 to present Mealy School – 1847 to 1853
Crowfoot School – 1847 to 2002 Oakville School – 1847 to unknown close date
Denny School – 1876 Over the Top – 1921 to 1957
East Berlin – 1909 to 1952 Plainview School – 1911 to 1965
Fairview School – 1948 to 1982 Providence – 1854 to 1950
Fir Grove – 1881 to 1941 Queen Anne – 1930 to 2002
Gains – 1854 to 1952 Red Cedar – 1924 to 1935
Golden Valley – 1937 to 1957 Reed School – 1878 to 1952
Gore School – 1951 to 1995 Rock Hill School – 1854 to 1952
Green Acres School – 1946 to present Salt Lake – 1884 to 1994
Green Mtn. – 1890 to 1959 Sandridge School – 1930 to 1970’s
Griggs School – 1854 to 1980s Santiam Academy – 1851 to 1904
Hamilton Creek – 1952 to present Santiam Elementary School – 1945 to 1982
Happy Home – 1872 to 1952 Second Street School – 1891 to 1928
Lacomb School – 1912 to present Seven Oak Middle School – 1955 to present
Lebanon High School – 1957 to present Sodaville – 1854 to 2000
Lebanon Middle/High School – 1909 to 2002 South School – 1875 to 1891
McDowell Creek – 1879 to 1950 Spicer School – 1854 to 1959
Middle Ridge – 1882 to 1941 Stoltz Hill – 1910 to 1949
Mineral Springs College – 1895 to 1913 Tallman School – 1854 to 1959
Mt. Pleasant School – 1930’s to 1951 Tennessee School – 1889 to 1999
Mtn. View – 1891 to 1939 Waterloo School – 1880’s to 1952