Welcome Families in Transition!
The right to public school enrollment by homeless children and youth is ensured under NCLB Title X and ORS 399.115(7), which requires school districts to ensure that young people in transitional situations have equal access to the same free, appropriate public education.
Cell: (541) 405-6617
Cell: (541) 405-6347
Email: Send Email
Who is Eligible
There are approximately 340 students in the Lebanon Community School District who are in transition and receive services to help them stay in school and succeed. A student and/or their family are considered in transition if they are in any one of or a combination of the following living situations:
- Living with relatives or friends (including non-custodial grandparents);
- Living in a shelter, motel/hotel, vehicle or campground;
- Living on the streets, in a park, public spaces, abandoned buildings, and bus or train station;
- Abandoned in a hospital; and/or
- Awaiting foster care placement.
What the Program Provides
The Families in Transition Education Program works with students and/or their family to eliminate the barriers related to school attendance and academic success. The program can provide any combination or all of the following:
- School fees;
- Assistance with school enrollment;
- Free meals program;
- School clothes and/or supplies;
- Information and/or assistance with transportation;
- Tutoring; and/or
- Referrals to numerous community resources.
* All information provided by you is kept confidential.